Saturday 17 September 2011

I’m back!x

Wow! I cannot believe how long it has been since I last posted...although I haven't been especially busy over the summer I have at the same time (if that makes any sense)..I kind of got to the point that I didn't know what to write about, as wasn't doing anything that interesting and didn't want to bore you all! But I think I have my spark back!! :) I have been working loadsss over the summer to try to get rid of my overdraft after just finishing uni. I am still on my shopping ban which is making the money situation a little easier, but just the cost of travelling to and from work is meaning that I am still heavily in my overdraft :( 


I actually cannot believe I have done this shopping ban for 6 weeks so far!! I am really trying my hardest to hold out until christmas, as after all the packing and unpacking I have done, I know for a fact that I do not need any new clothes or accessories for a long while! I am the worst person as well for making lists of what I would like for christmas / birthdays etc, so if anyone else has this problem, just do a ban for a while - there will be lots you suddenly want! (well, there is for me and it is still 98 days til christmas!!-as technically now it would be christmas day)...yes, I did just sit there and work that out!




For those of you who don't know, I am / have been moving into a house in Manchester for the best part of the summer. This is to live in my boyfriend's room..hope it doesn't become too claustrophobic! But am looking forward to there being 2 other boys and a girl in the house for company and to continue a type of student life on! I have just managed to get a job at Sports Direct in the Arndale centre in Manchester thanks to Liam's help, which means hopefully the pennies should finally start building up! - What's even better is that I may actually have money when going out with other students and perhaps continuing on the lifestyle! I am soo excited for Monday night as it is freshers week in Manchester...I had my problems at uni in Leeds in which I will explain in a future post, so this makes me want to enjoy this one even more! :)

That is a brief overview on what has been going on in my life recently!...I am thinking about writing a Fresher's guide to university soon as Corrie's blogpost about it over at http://dizzybrunette3.blogspot.com/ certainly brought memories back about my time as a newbie!-My brother is going through it all for the first time too, and Liam is starting the first of three years on his course as well so I am surrounded by it all at the moment!

Sorry for rambling on a little! - The blogging bug seems to be returning! :)

Would people like to read about what to expect / challenges at uni? Any other posts they would like to read about?


Gina xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I read every one and will try to reply back as soon as possible xx