Monday 12 December 2011

Christmas Time!

I have seen this on Rachel's and Emma's blogs so thought I would give it a go as I am so excited for Christmas this year! I have also nicked some of Rachel's pics as they go well with my background...hope she doesn't mind!! :P
 
Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?
Without a doubt, it has to be hot chocolate..with cream and marshmellows YUM! I don't even know what egg nog is...

Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?
His elves wrap them, he delivers them under the tree :)

Coloured lights on tree/house or white?
Coloured lights on the tree, mainly because that's all we've ever used, although outside we have white icicle type hanging ones that are pretty!

Do you hang mistletoe?
My mum does from the light in the lounge.

When do you put your decorations up?
We put our decorations up at the house in Manchester at the start of December, but mum and dad don't like putting decorations up too early, so hopefully they'll be done, or can be done this weekend!


 What is your favourite holiday dish?
Definitely the good old Christmas dinner, turkey and all the trimmings! (soo hungry right now!) I also love having the meat cold in baps on boxing day :)

Favourite Holiday memory as a child?
Running downstairs and seeing all the presents wrapped up by the fire...although I still look forward to that!

When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?
Ermm when my mum said to me, "I have something to tell you about Santa.." and I just said, "He's not real is he?" I had already guessed but didn't want the stockings to stop, and had to keep it quiet from my brother who is 3 years younger than me.

Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
No, but we always go to Midnight Mass at church on Christmas Eve so when we leave it feels soo christmassy! Since I have been with Liam we have done boxing day presents as it is his family's tradition...it is just a £1-£2 present for each person though, but makes the celebrations continue!

How do you decorate your Christmas tree?
With lots of pretty decorations, tinsel, flashing lights etc 

Snow! Love it or Dread it?
I love it! Just hate driving in it! I love being wrapped up in a coat scarf gloves etc and just hearing the crunch noise..I made a snow angel last year too! My first one :)

Can you ice skate?
No, I am awful! I grab hold of the person next to me, and hold on for dear life! I think I could if I tried, but I have heard of too many accidents and get scared.


Do you remember your favourite gift?
I honestly don't have one favourite, I get so many gorgeous presents off my family and Liam that I couldn't pick one single thing...I'll let you all know after Christmas if I have got an extreme favourite though ;)

What’s the most important thing about the Holidays for you?
Spending good quality time with my family and with Liam. (Rachel if you're reading, I feel like I'm copying you! Haha. I also love just lounging about..eating, drinking, giving and receiving presents, but it wouldn't mean anything without my family and Liam being there.

What is your favourite Holiday Dessert?
Strawberry pavlova! and a crunchie and grape pudding my mum makes, that is to die for!

What is your favourite holiday tradition?
Ok, this is going to be a bit confusing...every other year we spend Christmas Day at home so there's me, mum, dad, my brother, granny and nan. Then the next year we will go to someone's house or everyone will come to ours..as in Aunties, Uncles, cousins etc. Every other year this happens on Boxing day though. This year is a bit different for me though.. Granny and Nan are coming over, but we may not be seeing everyone else on Boxing Day as they might be too busy. I am however, going over to Liam's house for lunch and Christmas day night which should be fun!

What tops your tree?
A gold pretty star!

Which do you prefer giving or receiving?
I know you may not believe it, but I love love giving presents as the people I give to really appreciate it..especially family and Liam. I love seeing that my planning of presents has paid off. Obviously, don't get me wrong I LOVE receiving presents too! :)

Candy Canes: Yuck or Yum?
YUMMMM!



Favourite Christmas show?
I don't have just one..I love all the Christmas stuff the put on tele over Christmas and Boxing Day..I think even if it's complete rubbish, you love it anyway just because of the time of year! My favourite Christmas film has to be Love Actually though! I know it's not your usual christmas film but makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside! :)

Saddest Christmas Song?
I cannot think of one at the moment, as I have Michael Buble's christmas album playing-love him! Failed at that question!!

What is your favourite Christmas song?
All I want for Christmas is you! Makes me think of Love Actually and am listening to the Michael Buble version at the mo! <3 :)


Have a great christmas everyone! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I read every one and will try to reply back as soon as possible xx