Friday 5 October 2012

University has begun...

Firstly, I am so sorry for not posting for the past month. It has been manic as I have just started a new degree in Photography!

I can finally say it is something I look forward to going to each day and learning new techniques etc but it is a lot of work hence the distance from the blog! In the near future I will be setting up a facebook page, so please all check it out :)

Secondly, thanks so much for getting me over 100 followers..it means a lot and I will be having a giveaway very soon so keep your eyes peeled!

In the meantime I will have a bit of a catch up post..

One of the most important bits of information is that Liam now has a nephew named Gethin McKay Baker and he is the cutest little thing ever! I cannot believe that he is a month old today!

(Photography by me)


I have started university again! It is so good and minus the stresses of not getting any student funding anymore (boooooo!) I am having such a great time meeting new people and learning everything. Just hope I learn enough new bits by the time the wedding in February comes round! Eek!

It was great to do freshers again even though I know everyone I live with as am living in the same house as last year when I had graduated. I did the whole going to the Freshers fair though and picked up loads of free bits and bobs including a More magazine and makeup pack.. was quite lucky! I love having the chance to dress up and go out for drinks that are no more than about £2! 
Recently, we have done a couple of fancy dress events - one was a friends 21st party and the theme was the year she was born, 1991. So, I dressed as Belle from Beauty and the Beast..love my disney films! On Wednesday was a Dodgeball social and Olympics was the theme so I sneakily used the same outfit as I did when we dressed up for pub golf at home (saving the pennies!)

Towards the end of freshers, it was one of my best friends hen do's as you may have seen on a previous post. A couple of days before it we went round to her house for a girlie beauty evening. I had my nails done and we got our t-shirts given to us all ready for the Saturday :)
Early on the Saturday morning I turned up at Kay's house with hen do banners all over my car and the journey consisted of giggles and people blowing up inflatable willies whilst I was driving! In the meantime we had bought a game from Ann Summers which meant people had to ring the groom to be to find his answers out before asking Kay so the other car load of girls did all that....was just embarrassing when asking her the questions over lunch as we took it in turns to ask a question and ended up always being her mum or mother-in-law asking the "what's your favourite sex position / sex toy" questions!! Was great fun though! Whilst in Cardiff we went to see Dream Boys which was a good laugh and then just danced the night away in TigerTiger. Now, whenever I hear 'Gangnam Style' I just think of that weekend! Looking forward to the parties in January when they get back from their proper wedding!

1. Heart Ikea plates I wanted for uni but I was told no :( 2. The 4 of us in TigerTiger 3. Us in the car driving to Cardff 4. Us all out in Cardiff 5. The Hens 6. Fancy Dress for a 21st. 7. Me ready for first Freshers night 8. 1991 fancy dress 9. Shellac nails and t-shirt all ready for Cardiff 8. Freebies from freshers fair 9. 1991 fancy dress with birthday girl as Luigi

I hope you have all had a good few weeks, especially to those who have settled into uni now! I will be posting more frequently I hope, and if it is a little slow then please bare with me!



Gina xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I read every one and will try to reply back as soon as possible xx