Friday 11 January 2013

100 Day Spending Ban!


I've seen that a lot of bloggers I follow are doing this...I know I'm a bit late, but you can join at any time! As I seriously spend too much money on beauty products and clothes I thought this may help! I did a spending ban last summer and it worked really well as made me realise just how many things I do have and don't use!

As everyone has different weaknesses and goals, I thought I'd outline my rules below:

For 100 days, I will NOT be buying any of the following:
  • No beauty products
  • No CDs / DVDs / Books or Magazines
  • No clothes including shoes and accessories
  • I will be trying my best to take a packed lunch to uni every day to cut down costs that way too.

Exceptions:
  • I am only allowed to buy something like shampoo / conditioner if I have completely run out (which I very much doubt is going to happen as I have so many things!
  • I am allowed to buy any essential photography equipment as am doing a wedding in February and obviously that's essential I get it right! - Such as a new laptop which I already have most of the money saved for.
  • I can spend money on Valentines Day and any birthdays, however as Liam now has tickets to The Script and I have bought Dad's birthday present, I don't think there is anything else I have to buy!
  • I can spend gift vouchers sent by PR companies.



Why am I doing this?
Lots of bloggers have got different reasons for doing this, but mine is that I just need to save money. With being at uni and not getting any kind of a loan, I am finding it difficult juggling my wages with paying bills, tuition fees and then things I want rather than need. Hopefully I can save up money I would have spent to put towards a holiday in the summer to reward myself!
  
Can I join in? 
Yes! Loads of bloggers are doing it..there's going to be a weekly twitter chat using the hashtag #spendingban which will hopefully encourage all the participants to keep going and talk about how they're doing. Just leave your blog link below and I will add you to my list of people I know doing this if you're also taking part!

I will be doing a weekly update on this letting you all know how I am doing and at the end of each month I will try to do a monthly empties showing what I have managed to finish off and a review of each item.


So there you go! Wish me luck! 12th January - 22nd April



Gina xoxo
(Images from Google)
 

1 comment:

  1. aw good luck hunny, you can do this, we gotta keep strong! :) X

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I read every one and will try to reply back as soon as possible xx