Saturday 12 January 2013

Boxing Day...Another special day!

I don't know about anyone else, but in the past, Boxing Day used to be a day for just slobbing about, playing with new toys I'd got for Christmas, and trying to fit in any more food in the left over spaces that I could from the day before!

However, since being with Liam, Boxing Day has changed somewhat. I feel kinda bad as I haven't really been with my family on Boxing Day but as I spent Christmas Day at home this time, I didn't think they'd mind too much!

This year was a little different as Liam actually had to work for a couple of hours on Boxing Day morning in ASDA...However, as it was only for 3 hours, I thought I may as well have a look round the sales! And I did actually pick up quite a few things! 

My first stop just so happened to be ASDA, and as I went through Liam's till, I could tell he was like morreeeee clothes?! but he did say the eeyore jumper was cute..bonus!

I picked up this cosy jumper / cardigan for half price in the sale £18 reduced to £9. It gets so cold in the house in Manchester so this will be great!

Then I got this cute jumper reduced to only £3! (Sadly the fleece eeyore bottoms were only in a size 16-18 dammit!-Loved them!)

I also made a trip into Boots and River Island. I can't actually show anyone what I got from Boots as I made some fab purchases, some I know will be put towards birthday and / or christmas presents for people I am sure will be reading this!! ;)


In River Island I bought these two items - a gorgeous skater dress I'd seen full price a while back but couldn't justify the money as I am trying to save! However, at £15 I couldn't resist and may just dress it up and wear it for a wedding I have coming up! 
I also got this gorgeous skirt. I've seen loads of these around but not actually bought one myself. I love the colour and fit, and with a belt too it was such a bargain at just £10!! (I sound like a sales person right now!!-Either that or trying to convince myself I did well!)


I tried to make a trip into New Look to spend a voucher I'd been sent to review a couple of items, but seriously, it was awful in there so went back another day to purchase a few bits (post coming soon!)

After I'd spent enough in town, Liam and I went back to his Mum & Dad's house for Boxing Day dinner which consists of turkey, pork, mash or deep fried chips, and beans (with beetroot on the side) and it is lush!! I've had it now for the past 3 years and it has been amazing every year!

Like I said, this year was a little different, as after that we all went to Aston Villa to watch Spurs play!! I was very spoilt by his family this Christmas as they also treated me to a ticket to that andddd to the panto the next day! Although it was pouring with rain, we had great seats and Tottenham won 4-0 so that was a brilliant end to the day!

Me & Kel

Me & Liam

As you can see we were pretty close - if only I had my SLR camera!




The heart symbol that Gareth Bale does whenever he scores! 

After that, we went back to Liam's to watch the last of the Christmas TV. In the past, Liam's mum always found things on Boxing Day that she had forgotten to give people, so now they make it official by doing 'Boxing Day Presents.' They are only like 1 or 2 pound presents but it just makes it a little more special! These were my little bits from Liam, his sister, her boyfriend and Liam's parents...


As you can see I had a brilliant Christmas and Boxing Day and can't believe it's already over for another year!!


 

2 comments:

  1. Wow you got some gorgeous bargains :)
    Sounds like you had a lovely Boxing Day!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I read every one and will try to reply back as soon as possible xx